We all have bunny rabbit emotions. These are the emotions that breed like rabbits if we attach to them and refuse to release them. Fear will breed more fear. Love will breed more love. Grief will breed more grief. You get the picture.
‘So, what can I do?’ I hear you ask.
- Be aware that your emotions amplify because you allowed them to take root.
- Know that you can master your emotions. They need not master you.
- Pattern interrupt them. For instance, if you are feeling fearful, recognize it, acknowledge it, and be curious. Turn it into something ridiculous. Spiders become dust bunnies. Water becomes silk. Cats become cotton candy. Are you getting it?
- Trust that most of your emotions are a response to a past experience and you can make it something different in your present day.
- Know also, that your emotions are very egocentric. They focus entirely on you and want you to cling to them as part of your identity. You are not your emotions. Give yourself permission to play with them, love them, and let them go.
- Embrace a completely different emotion. Instead of fear, try on excitement or adventure. Instead of love, try a balanced companionship or even friendship. Instead of grief, try jubilation and joyful release.
We can corral our bunny rabbit emotions and keep them from breeding. We can morph them into butterflies and let them fly free!
Will you give this a go? It will help you move forward. Be playful. Be grateful. Be free!